Day of the Dead Bash
Celebrate the Day of the Dead with AIGA Cleveland and Jakprints! Together, we’re throwing a deliciously wicked bash for members and non-members alike under the backdrop of the beautiful Asian Town Center on one of the most ghostly nights of the year.
Mingle with other kindred spirits as you snack on sweet and savory treats, sip on sinful beverages and enjoy local music. We’ll also be giving away fabulous prizes throughout the evening for attendees, including subscriptions to Adobe Creative Cloud, Shutterstock, local Cleveland merchandise, and if you enter our ghostly Napkin Sketch Contest you could win a Shutterstock subscription for your creative doodles.
Support AIGA Cleveland and join us for the Day of the Dead Bash. Proceeds go toward supporting our local design community with greater events, programs, and opportunities as well as the Cleveland Housing Network.
Special thanks to our national AIGA Sponsors, Shutterstock and Adobe. We'd also like to thank our local AIGA Cleveland Partner, Jakprints and Cranky Pressman, as well as our event sponsors Mitchell's Ice Cream and Cline Cellars.
All attendees can enter drawings to win any of the following raffle prizes! The drawings will occur at 8:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. More prizes will be announced throughout the month of October!
- Mahall's 20 Lanes: $50 worth of bowling certificates
- Root Cafe Package: $20 worth of certificates
- Century Cycles Packages: Coupons for free T-Shirt/Mug, $25 off purchase of bicycle, and 2 hours free bike rental via Cuyahoga Valley store
- Good Fucking Design Advise Package: GFDA branded coffee mugs
- Plum Tree Paper Goods: All letterpress printed; 2 boxes christmas cards (6 in each box) and a assortment of individual cards (8 total) (total value about $60.00; total number of cards 20)
- Plank Road Tavern: Gift card
- Book Packages: The Black Book by Pentagram and Drawn to Business written by Go Media's William A. Beachy, The Art of the Letter by Doyald Young
- Fizz Creative Package: 2 pub glasses, 2 wine glasses, 4 stickers and a notepad (valued at $75)
- Wine Pull: select wines from local businesses
- Campbell's Sweets Factory Package: 2 bags of gourmet popcorn and $5 gift card
- Menchie's: $25 Gift Card
- 1 Adobe Creative Cloud year-long subscription
- 2 Adobe Creative Cloud 3-month subscriptions
- 1 Shutterstock 1-month subscription (Must enter the Napkin Sketch contest to win)
- 1 Shutterstock 3-month subscription (25 downloads per/month)
NAPKIN SKETCH CONTEST:
Enter the live Shutterstock Napkin Sketch Contest for your chance to win a 1-month subscription to Shutterstock. Your tools to doodle consist of only the napkins and Sharpie Markers which will be provided for you.
Judges: a few good folks from Jakprints
DEAD ART - DIRECTION:
Two old guys will demonstrate and discuss the nitty-gritty of letterpress at this Dead Art - Direction booth.
Letterpress projects are most successful when the medium is used well and appropriately. Stop by this booth to see examples of good, bad and ugly use of letterpress printing.
Anyone thinking about using letterpress for the first time can stop by, touch, feel and smell the samples, and discuss the basics of this antiquated medium with the crusty old brothers. More experienced designers, stop by to examine the great variety of interesting letterpress techniques which can help bring your projects to life. Everyone can stop by to share ideas, rough designs or discuss production options.
A Chandler & Price Pilot tabletop letterpress will be set up at the event. Prints will be pulled during the evening to show how things once believed dead are alive and still kicking in the creative community.
Jamie and Keith Berger, one an art director the other a printer, are partners at Cranky Pressman, a letterpress shop based in Salem, Ohio.
Our artist friends and makers have submitted 20 pieces of art which will be available to purchase for $30 at this event. All proceeds for the 20/30 Gallery will be donated to the Cleveland Housing Network.
COST TO ATTEND:
Member Ticket - $15
Non-member Ticket - $20
This is a sweet deal; your ticket to the bash gets you appetizers, Mitchell's Ice Cream, soft drinks and a book of 8 raffle vouchers.
Group Registration: Bring some buddies along with you and each person in your group will receive 2 additional raffle vouchers. You must register your group (up to 4 people in a group) to get the extra vouchers. Group registrations must be paid through our registration system in one transaction.
Purchase Extra Vouchers: $5 for 3 vouchers, $10 for 8 vouchers - vouchers are good for any raffle item drawing and alchoholic beverages (Purchase your extra vouchers at the event with cash only)
There will be plenty of FREE PARKING available in the Asian Town Center parking lot.
Have questions about this event? Email email@example.com.
Want to see your company's product at our bash? Send an email to Jamie Winebrenner by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 25.
Special thanks to the designer of our Day of Dead Bash identity, Lisa Lorek.