Connect, collaborate, and inspire: join the AIGA board
AIGA Cleveland is soliciting nominations for our all-volunteer, working board, (insert links) made up of local members, designers, and creative professionals. By nominating yourself, you can help guide the activities and vision of our chapter. Our search focuses on candidates with valuable soft skills including teamwork, communication, flexibility, patience, time management, and motivation. If this sounds like you, nominate yourself and help us create a place where design thrives for all!
How to nominate yourself.
Submit your full name
and email address
along with the following here
Your professional and/or AIGA-related experience (if applicable)
- A few sentences describing why you would be a great addition to the board, and specifying which position you feel you are most suited to
- A reference contact
- For nominees interested in the Communications, Blog and/or Social Media positions, writing and/or portfolio samples are also required.
Who we’re looking for.
We are currently looking to fill the open positions listed here. Board members do not have to be designers, but must have an interest in supporting the creative community. Examples of non-design board members include, but are not limited to, writers, communications specialists, development or fundraising specialists, project managers, and business owners.
New board members receive guidance throughout the year from more senior board members. If you’re interested in a position, but not sure if you fit all the qualifications, don’t worry! We’ll be there to help you along the way.
The AIGA Cleveland chapter values diversity and inclusion, and is working to ensure that we accurately reflect the design community we represent. However, nominees are not required to provide information regarding age, gender, race/ethnicity, education, income, or physical disabilities.
What are the commitments?
- Nominees must be (or become) AIGA Cleveland members in good standing. Visit aiga.org/join to find out more about membership options.
- New board members commit to serve one-year or two-year terms, depending on the position.
- Board members are required to attend monthly board meetings; committee members have flexibility depending on the position.
- Board members must be ambassadors of AIGA to members and non-members.
What happens after you submit your nomination?
A nominating committee will review nominees and you may be invited to take part in a group interview, if necessary. The nominating committee, which consists of the current executive committee, will recommend new board members. If you’re unable to attend the Community Meeting email board president, Sarah Rutherford.
How are new board positions decided?
The current AIGA Cleveland Board of Directors will collaborate on matching interested qualified candidates with suitable positions. AIGA Cleveland will then submit the full board roster to our members for a yes/no vote of support.
What are important dates in the process?
- Nomination period:
- Opens Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- Closes Friday, November 8, 2019
- Selected nominees notified:
- Friday, November 15, 2019
- General membership voting:
- Opens Monday, December 2, 2019
- Closes Friday, December 6, 2019
- New terms begin:
Why should you join the AIGA Cleveland Board of Directors?
There are a vast number of benefits of becoming a board member, but here are a few to think about:
- Opportunities for leadership
- Learning new skills like event planning and public speaking
- Managing teams outside of work
- Complimentary registration to AIGA Cleveland events
- Making connections in the larger creative community
- Access to the local, regional and national design network
- Shaping the current state and future of design
- Giving back to the design profession
- Paying it forward to emerging and future creative practitioners
- Enjoying the camaraderie among the board members
Nominate yourself here by Friday, November 8th.