Have you been thinking about getting more involved with the AIGA Cleveland board? We are seeking dedicated professionals with a passion for advancing our craft and strengthening our creative community!
We offer three levels of commitment to board service to help fit your interests, abilities, and time. Each position is a vital part of AIGA Cleveland.
All positions are volunteer. We encourage anyone interested to apply, whether you’re an emerging professional, a non-member looking to get more involved, or a long-standing member interested in taking it to the next level. You do not have to be a designer or creative to participate!
For more information on how to apply, check out our Call For Nominations page.
Looking to get involved, but not sure where to start? Consider supporting AIGA through one of our online collaborator positions. Individuals in these positions are not required to attend monthly board meetings, but may meet virtually and occasionally in-person. Much of the work will be accomplished through our collaborative workspace, Basecamp. These positions are a one-year commitment.
We are seeking:
- Writers for our website, blog, or social media
- Facebook Manager
- Instagram Manager
- Twitter Manager
- Venue Coordinator
Initiatives and Special Programs
Do you want to work with our board of directors to plan and coordinate great events and programs for the Cleveland design community? Individuals in these positions will meet monthly as a committee (virtually or in-person) and attend occasional monthly board meetings. These positions are a one-year commitment.
We are seeking:
Design Life Balance Chair and committee members
Design Life Balance events provide opportunities for designers and fellow creatives to care for their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- You’d be great for Design Life Balance if you’re passionate about connecting with others and interested in personal growth and/or physical fitness.
Brass Tacks Chair and committee members
Brass Tacks events focus on the business fundamentals of design practice.
- You’d be great for Brass Tacks if you want to learn and help create opportunities to educate creatives on issues like copyright, financial planning, ethics, and freelancing.
Diversity and Inclusion Chair and committee members
Diversity and Inclusion is a national AIGA initiative that works to support a more diverse audience of creatives, considering race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and disability, age, and other factors that shape creative perspective and professional experience.
- You’d be great for Diversity and Inclusion if you want to help transform the field of design to be more inclusive of all and educate creatives on these issues.
Women Lead Chair and committee members
Women Lead is a national AIGA initiative committed to empowering women in design and advancing discourse on issues facing professional women today. Women Lead is for ALL genders.
- You’d be great for Women Lead if you want to create spaces for women creatives to connect and build leadership skills while helping the creative community learn about gender-related issues.
In-House INitiative committee members
The In-House INitiative provides the skills, tools, and resources needed to enable in-house designers to advance design competencies, build leadership skills, make a greater impact on business, and connect with a broad network of peers and experts.
- You’d be great for the In-House INitiative if you have in-house experience and want to help support the Cleveland in-house community.
Board of Director Positions and Support Team
Are you ready to build leadership experience, drive programming that enriches the Cleveland creative community, and collaborate with a committed group of volunteers? Consider a position on our Board of Directors. Individuals in these positions will meet monthly in-person at our board meetings and additionally with committees as needed. These positions include one-year and two-year commitments.
We are seeking:
The Project Manager(s) will coordinate workflow on communications, events, and programs; translate meeting minutes into actionable tasks; and promote collaboration on our online working platform, Basecamp.
- You’d be great for this position if you are organized, good at processing information, or have project management experience.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the President and Membership Chair to manage and identify volunteers and match them with projects and opportunities.
- You’d be great for this position if you are organized, comfortable with spreadsheets, enjoy working with people, and want to help grow the reach of AIGA Cleveland.
Director of Communications
The Director of Communications is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Web, Email, Social Media and Blog Chairs/Managers (with supporting committees) and setting a communications strategy for the organization.
- You’d be great for this position if you have good writing skills, are organized, have management experience, and have communications or marketing experience.
We have additional positions supporting Mentorship, Professional Development, Operations, and the Design730 Competition. Email our President, Sarah Rutherford, for more information.