Do you want to work with our board of directors to plan and coordinate great events, programs, and campaigns for the Cleveland design and creative communities?
- Individuals in these positions will meet monthly as a committee (virtually or in-person) and attend occasional monthly board meetings.
- These positions are a one-year commitment.
Web Chair | Communications Team
The Web Chair is a crucial role in helping us launch AIGA events, share community happenings, feature talented individuals, and announce new opportunities through our website. You will work closely with the Director and the other Communications Team members to ensure our website is up to date and helpful in providing visitors with resources, ways to get involved, and inspiration.
- You’d be great for this position if you very experienced in WordPress and familiar with Eventbrite. Being detail-oriented and strong in taking on and managing multiple tasks and correspondences is much needed for this role as well. .
Professional Development Chair (1 year commitment) | Education
The Professional Development Chair knows that learning never ends. You will be able to develop programming and educational opportunities including lectures, workshops, or conferences. Create opportunities to help others sharpen their creative skillsets and learn more on the business side of things, like copyright, financial planning, ethics, and freelancing.
- You’d be great for this position if you are self-directed and passionate about bringing opportunities of learning and skill development to the Cleveland design and creative communities.
Committee Members | Membership
What makes an organization and community great are its members. You will work with our Membership Director in celebrating, featuring, and engaging with our AIGA Cleveland Members. Be ready to welcome those who have questions on joining our chapters.
- You’d be great for this position if you have strong communication skills, are detailed-oriented, and passionate about community and connecting with others.
Committee Members | Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a national AIGA initiative that works to support a more diverse audience of creatives, considering race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and disability, age, and other factors that shape creative perspective and professional experience.
- You’d be great for Diversity and Inclusion if you want to help transform the field of design to be more inclusive of all and educate creatives on these issues.
Committee Members | Women Lead
Women Lead is a national AIGA initiative committed to empowering women in design and advancing discourse on issues facing professional women today. Women Lead is for ALL genders.
- You’d be great for Women Lead if you want to create spaces for women creatives to connect and build leadership skills while helping the creative community learn about gender-related issues.
Chair and Committee Members | In-House INitiative
Creative work is not just produced by design agencies or studios. The In-House INitiative provides the skills, tools, and resources needed to enable in-house designers to advance design competencies, build leadership skills, make a greater impact on business, and connect with a broad network of peers and experts.
- You’d be great for the In-House INitiative if you have in-house experience and want to inspire, highlight, and create opportunities of connection for the Cleveland in-house community.