Have you been thinking about getting more involved with the AIGA Cleveland board? We are seeking dedicated professionals with a passion for advancing our craft and strengthening our creative community! We offer three levels of commitment to board service to help fit your interests, abilities, and time. Each position is a vital part of AIGA Cleveland. All positions are volunteer. We encourage anyone interested to apply, whether you’re an emerging professional, a non-member looking to get more involved, or a long-standing member interested in taking it to the next level. You do not have to be a designer or creative to participate! For more information on how to apply, check out our. Call For Nominations page
Looking to get involved, but not sure where to start? Consider supporting AIGA through one of our online collaborator positions. Individuals in these positions are not required to attend monthly board meetings, but may meet virtually and in-person. Much of the work will be accomplished through our collaborative workspace, Basecamp. These positions are a one-year commitment.
We are seeking:
- Writers for our website, blog, or social media
- Venue Coordinator
The email chair creates and schedules our monthly newsletter and other promotional email outreach.
- You’d be great for this position if you have experience with Mailchimp or want to learn, are looking for high-impact work with a manageable time commitment, or are self-directed and organized.
Initiatives and Special Programs
Do you want to work with our board of directors to plan and coordinate great events and programs for the Cleveland design community? Individuals in these positions will meet monthly as a committee (virtually or in-person) and attend occasional monthly board meetings. These positions are a one-year commitment.
We are seeking:
Design Life Balance Chair and committee members
Design Life Balance events provide opportunities for designers and fellow creatives to care for their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- You’d be great for Design Life Balance if you’re passionate about connecting with others and interested in personal growth and/or physical fitness.
Brass Tacks Chair and committee members
Brass Tacks events focus on the business fundamentals of design practice.
- You’d be great for Brass Tacks if you want to learn and help create opportunities to educate creatives on issues like copyright, financial planning, ethics, and freelancing.
In-House INitiative Director, Chair, and committee members
The In-House INitiative provides the skills, tools, and resources needed to enable in-house designers to advance design competencies, build leadership skills, make a greater impact on business, and connect with a broad network of peers and experts.
- You’d be great for the In-House INitiative if you have in-house experience and want to help support the Cleveland in-house community.
Diversity and Inclusion committee members
Diversity and Inclusion is a national AIGA initiative that works to support a more diverse audience of creatives, considering race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and disability, age, and other factors that shape creative perspective and professional experience.
- You’d be great for Diversity and Inclusion if you want to help transform the field of design to be more inclusive of all and educate creatives on these issues.
Women Lead committee members
Women Lead is a national AIGA initiative committed to empowering women in design and advancing discourse on issues facing professional women today. Women Lead is for ALL genders.
- You’d be great for Women Lead if you want to create spaces for women creatives to connect and build leadership skills while helping the creative community learn about gender-related issues.
Board of Director Positions and Support Team
Are you ready to build leadership experience, drive programming that enriches the Cleveland creative community, and collaborate with a committed group of volunteers? Consider a position on our Board of Directors. Individuals in these positions will meet monthly in-person at our board meetings and additionally with committees as needed. These positions include one-year and two-year commitments.
We are seeking:
VP of Operations (2 year commitment)
The VP of Operations works with the President and VP of Finance to review event proposals and budgets and make decisions regarding Chapter policy and actions. The VP of Operations prepares internal communications, maintains the collaborative workspace (Basecamp), and conducts administrative tasks.
- You’d be great for this position if you are organized, are looking to collaborate regularly with other board members, or have administrative or project management experience.
Director of Communications (2 year commitment)
The Director of Communications is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Web, Email, Social Media and Blog Chairs/Managers (with supporting committees) and setting a communications strategy for the organization.
- You’d be great for this position if you have good writing skills, are highly organized, have management experience, and have communications or marketing experience.
Director of Education (2 year commitment)
The Director of Education develops an education strategy and identifies opportunities for AIGA Cleveland to provide designers of all levels with the skills and experiences they need to further their careers within the profession.
- You’d be great for this position if you have experience teaching design, are competent in planning and strategy, and are interested in connecting with area youth and students.
Student Development Chair (1 year commitment)
The Student Development Chair coordinates local AIGA Student Groups and arranges the annual student portfolio review and related educational activities.
- You’d be great for this position if you have experience teaching design, have participated in the annual student portfolio review, or are interested in connecting with area students.
Professional Development Chair (1 year commitment)
The Professional Development Chair develops programming and educational opportunities including lectures, workshops, or conferences.
- You’d be great for this position if you are self-directed and passionate about bringing educational opportunities to the Cleveland creative community.
Project Manager(s) (1 year commitment)
The Project Manager(s) will coordinate workflow on communications, events, and programs; translate meeting minutes into actionable tasks; and promote collaboration on our online working platform, Basecamp.
- You’d be great for this position if you are organized, good at processing information, or have project management experience.
Volunteer Coordinator (1 year commitment)
The Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the President and Membership Chair to manage and identify volunteers and match them with projects and opportunities.
- You’d be great for this position if you are organized, comfortable with spreadsheets, enjoy working with people, and want to help grow the reach of AIGA Cleveland.
Director of Design 730 (2 year commitment)
The Director of 730’s primary responsibility is to is to plan and execute the bi-annual design competition. The next Design 730 competition will take place in the spring of 2021.
- You’d be great for this position if you are highly organized, have interest in or experience working with a CMS, want to interface with national design leaders, have event planning experience, or and looking for high-profile work that supports the Cleveland design community.