Do you want to be a part of Cleveland’s design and creative communities and help them thrive? If so, let’s talk!
We are seeking dedicated professionals with a passion for advancing our craft and strengthening our creative community!
We offer three levels of commitment to board service to help fit your interests, abilities, and time. Each position is a vital part of AIGA Cleveland.
All positions are volunteer. We encourage anyone interested to apply, whether you’re an emerging professional, a non-member looking to get more involved, or a long-standing member interested in taking it to the next level.
You do not have to be a designer or creative to participate!
For more information on how to apply, check out our Call For Nominations page
Looking to get involved, but not sure where to start? Consider supporting AIGA through one of our online collaborator positions.
- Individuals in these positions are not required to attend monthly board meetings, but may meet virtually and in-person.
- Much of the work will be accomplished through our collaborative workspace, Basecamp. These positions are a one-year commitment.
Designer | Communications Team
A Designer for the Communications Team is clever, creative, lethal in their ability to craft visuals, and above all, a team player. You will be working closely with the Communications Team Director in crafting visual identities, graphics, and images for our events and campaigns.
- You’d be great for this position if you have experience with working in creative teams, can manage tight turn-around times, and are able to create in a variety of personalities, tones, aesthetics, and styles.
Copywriter/Content Creator | Communications Team
Are you a wordsmith who loves to write about design, art, and creativity? If so, we would love your help in sharing inspiration, resources, and highlights on local talent and leaders. As a copywriter/content creator, you will be working with the Communications Team to provide engaging event copy, articles, interviews, and more.
- You’d be great for this position if you have a way with words and are an experienced writer, have no problem with meeting deadlines, passionate about local happenings, can manage multiple communications/correspondences.
INITIATIVES AND SPECIAL PROGRAMS
Do you want to work with our board of directors to plan and coordinate great events, programs, and campaigns for the Cleveland design and creative communities?
- Individuals in these positions will meet monthly as a committee (virtually or in-person) and attend occasional monthly board meetings.
- These positions are a one-year commitment.
Social Media Chair | Communications Team
The Social Media Chair ensures we are connected and sharing with the Cleveland art and design communities through our social media channels. You will be working closely with the Communications Team members as well other AIGA Cleveland committees to create, schedule, and manage social media content.
- You’d be great for this position if you have experience with Instagram, Facebook, and social media scheduling apps. If you have strong communication skills and are prompt, organized, and are a master at keeping track of many details, then we would be lucky to have you.
Co-Chair and Committee Members | Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a national AIGA initiative that works to support a more diverse audience of creatives, considering race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and disability, age, and other factors that shape creative perspective and professional experience.
- You’d be great for Diversity and Inclusion if you want to help transform the field of design to be more inclusive of all and educate creatives on these issues.
Chair | In-House INitiative
Creative work is not just produced by design agencies or studios. The In-House INitiative provides the skills, tools, and resources needed to enable in-house designers to advance design competencies, build leadership skills, make a greater impact on business, and connect with a broad network of peers and experts.
- You’d be great for the In-House INitiative if you have experience working in-house and want to inspire, highlight, and create opportunities of connection for the Cleveland in-house community.
BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITIONS AND SUPPORT TEAM
Are you ready to build leadership experience, drive programming that enriches the Cleveland creative community, and collaborate with a committed group of volunteers? Consider a position on our Board of Directors.
- Individuals in these positions will meet monthly in-person at our board meetings and additionally with committees as needed.
- These positions include one-year and two-year commitments.
VP of Partnership
The VP of Partnership fosters relationships between AIGA Cleveland and representatives from allied fields in support of the design community. They work closely with board Directors and Chairs in establishing potential sponsorships and partners for Chapter events and activities.
- You’d be great for this position if you enjoy developing and nurturing relationships with local community members and organizations to help expand the reach and impact of the Chapter.
Director | Membership
Members are at the heart of AIGA Cleveland and its outreach efforts. The Membership Director, consequently, will work with board Chairs and Directors to highlight and celebrate the work of AIGA Cleveland members, engage with creatives and creative communities in the area, and help grow the local membership. The Director will also be the primary contact for welcoming prospective members and volunteers.
- You’d be great for this position if you have strong communication skills, are detailed-oriented, and passionate about building community and connecting with others.
Questions? Email our President, Anne H. Berry, for more information.